Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Conversation

So this is word for word (cause I'm typing as they speak) the conversation my children (Aaron and Emma) are having as they sit at the table and do their homework.

Emma: It's not fair, Aaron you got more juice than me.

Aaron: No I didn't, it's the same.

Emma: Yes, because you got juice all the way to the top and then a little more and I only got juice half way two times.

Aaron: Emma if you keep drinking juice and don't stop then it will fill you up and you'll just get fatter and fatter until you explode.

Emma: No, because people don't explode! (In a Duh! voice)

Aaron: They do if they have a bomb inside them.

Emma: Mom! Aaron's teasing me!

Aaron: Mom, Emma won't leave me alone!

(At which point I tell them to be quiet and do their homework)

Emma: Mom, what's for dinner?

Me: Mexican Rice casserole.
(This is brown rice, hamburger, taco seasoning and usually a large can of cream of chicken soup all mixed up with cheese on top. But this time I've gotten creative in an attempt to sneak more veggies into our diet. So instead of the cream of chicken I cooked an onion, celery, carrots and butternut squash in chicken broth this afternoon and then pureed it until smooth, and then dumped that in.)

Aaron and Emma: Yea! (Last night they wouldn't eat because I made spaghetti with squash in the sauce.)

Aaron actually stood up and came to give me a hug for fixing something he thinks is veggie free. Moooahahahahahah.

Aaron: Wait, does it have any mushrooms in it?

I (honestly) said, "No." :)


    



No comments:

Post a Comment