Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Till I'm 40

So, our dog has learned that if she pushes a chair over right next to the garbage can, climbs up on the chair and pushes on the garbage can lid, it will pop up and she can get into the trash. We've been putting weights on the lid when we leave so she can't do this. But I came home from walking the kids to school this morning and discovered that the dog had pushed a chair over to the counter, climbed up, and snagged the tupperware full of teeny tuna bits from Jared's lunch yesterday that was next to the sink to be washed. It was all torn up outside. Huh, I think we need a new dog.

I let Emma sit in the front seat last evening when we were driving home. Foolish me, I should have remembered that with Emma, you can never be sure what she will do. So as we were driving calmly down a street in our neighborhood, luckily only going about 25 mph, Emma suddenly said... "I want to drive". She reached over before I knew what was happening, grabbed the wheel and yanked it toward herself. Since we were going relatively slow I was able to course correct before we hit the cement fence we'd been driving next to. As I explained to her, while trying not to scream, that you NEVER, EVER do that, I tried to calm down and remember that no one was hurt so no actual damage done. Except of course that I'd had my first heart attack.

The other day we took Clara to the doctor, she'd had a cold for about 4 days and I wanted to make sure she didn't have an ear infection or something. Anyway she turned out to be fine and as we were leaving the doctor told all of the kids they could pick out a sticker to take home. Aaron didn't want one, he is now too old for that stuff I guess, Hannah picked a little Easter chick sticker, and Emma picked a pink sticker with a puppy wearing rabbit ears on it. As we were walking back to the car she said, "I just love this sticker Mom, isn't it cute! I'm gonna keep it forever, till I'm 40!".

No comments:

Post a Comment