Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Candy Please

On the way home from school today Emma was telling us all about her difficult day. She was upset because she thought her teacher confused her with another girl in their class who was wearing the same color as her today. When they were standing in line this other girl was acting out, but then when they got back to the classroom the teacher moved Emma's card to red instead of the girls. "It's not fair!", Emma cried. Aaron shook his head and sighed, then replied, "That's life!".

After school as Aaron and Emma were sitting at the table doing homework Emma was having a hard time. She had a page of math problems to do and wasn't too excited about having to figure them out. She kept on asking me to give her the answers. Finally I said, "Emma, I am not going to do it for you! You have to figure it out by yourself." Emma huffed and glared down at the page. She looked across the table at Aaron and got a thoughtful look on her face. Then she said, "Hey Aaron, how about I ask you a bunch of questions, and if you get them all right I'll give you a treat!"

I was sitting at the computer today when Hannah came up and hugged my leg. I smiled at her and she reached up and put her arms around my neck and squeezed me saying, "I love you Mom!". I hugged her back and said, "I love you too!". She leaned back to smile at me and said, "Can you give me some candy!?".

No comments:

Post a Comment